Tuesday 21 September 2010

Southside Festival with Mando Diao

So I've finally got around to writing a recap of Mando's performance at Germany's Southside Festival with turned out to be an enjoyable performance with an amazing crowd. Even though I didn't attend myself, the online stream showed what was an electrifying moment in music history. Coming on stage with The Quarry, the Swedish quintet played through a setlist including recent chart smash, Dance With Somebody as well as old crowd pleasers like The Band and Long Before Rock 'n' Roll. Southside 2010 was one of the first to kick off this year's festival season and to employ Mando Diao as a headline act was a great way to get things started. For a band that has received acclaim in both Sweden and Germany, they can look forward to success in the UK and maybe after that, who knows?! The hour or so spent on stage included a cover of Simon and Garfunkel's Bleecker Street as part of an acoustic encore featuring Gustaf and Björn. They proved just how beautifully their songs can be put across which is hard to describe just how amazing they sounded. It just felt so much how I was a part of an amazing evening even though in reality I was sat in front of my computer screen with my headphones in laughing at people commenting calling Billy Talent 'kindermusik'. I wish I could have been there to experience it in real. This one moment has stuck in my head since June and will be there for months to come. Listening back proves just how amazing and talented Mando Diao are musically. (And they are very nice to look at too!). In all, it was an amazingly brilliant night.

No comments: