Saturday 8 October 2011

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

After reading every night for over two weeks I finally finished this book, and I found it particularly slow and slightly boring. The 'added mayhem of zombies' didn't really add much to the story, in fact I was surprised how little the zombies, or unmentionables as they are constantly referred to in the novel, were actually mentioned. Despite this, only one part of the story stands out, and it involves Elizabeth Bennet and some ninjas. In which she eats a still beating heart. Lovely.

Still, I'm very happy to have finished this book, I can go back to reading my favourite genre, Scandinavian Crime Fiction. I read Stieg Larsson first, then Norwegian author Jo Nesbo came onto the scene described as 'the new Stieg Larsson' which is quite a good review, I guess. And I enjoyed his story The Snowman. And then I tried out Henning Mankell and decided that the whole thing was great. Still got a few authors to try out, obviously, but I'm loving what I've read so far. Next on my list is HÃ¥kan Nesser, The Return, which I have previously began and enjoyed what I read so far. It's quite an old novel, the original Swedish novel dating back from 1995, but only quite recently translated to English.

No comments: