Sunday 22 January 2012

Gonna Turn Into A Literature Freak

Thought I might start writing to no-one what my favourite books are. In no particular order but like 1 per day or something like that. To start:



Murakami is fantastic. He's completely up there with the great authors, as the little review thing on the front of the book says. Look-see "Murakami must already rank among the world's greatest novelists" from the lovely people at The Guardian. And they are very, very right.

It would be hard to put into words how much I enjoyed this piece of work, but it is superb, so full of emotion and deals with love in such a way you cannot help but fall in love with Murakami and his characters.

Written in the 1987s and set in the late 1960s, the book does not feel dated at all and is one of the few books read by just about everyone in Japan. Its success actually forced Murakami into reclusiveness apparently.

I bought this book on a whim, I now have a library of Murakami books in my house to work through. Very good investment, much obliged. Read it.

No comments: