Friday 20 April 2012

notebooks

I recently found a load of notebooks I started writing when I was 15 or something like that. I started to keep track of favourite songs and make lists from it, a bit like a primitive version of last.fm (which I am on now, you can find me here). I started off writing a 'song of the day' in a diary and then from there make charts with regards to most favourited songs in a given period. From the diary I went into a notebook I had specially set aside for this song of the day and it shows a good example of the sorts of things that I was listening to a few years back. Some of which I would rather not associate myself with ever again (the offending albums have been binned).

Today I thought about starting it up again. I do like making lists and keeping things in order. I therefore have two days worth songs to catch up on.

Yesterday my most favourited song has to be Gloria by Canterbury.



The beauty of having my iPod on shuffle on long journeys is the variety of music that comes on and the first time this popped on I immediately fell in love with it. It's so beautiful.

Today's song I favourited is also beautiful. My beloved Björn Dixgård and Gustaf Noren have formed a side project away from Mando Diao called Caligola. After much aggravation over the appalling availability of music in the UK, I managed to get my hands on a copy of their debut album, Back To Earth - Thank you Germany for coming to my rescue once again. Now, I have prattled on long enough now that I had better plug the song!! Possibly my favourite song on Back To Earth this is called Morning Light. Words cannot describe how happy this song makes me feel. So amazing, thanks guys.

No comments: