Monday 31 May 2010

Great way to end gig going for a while

Just got back from Evolution Fest 2010 having seen many bands including The Horrors, The Futureheads and the wonderfully titled Dananananackroyd.
I have seen around a hundred brilliant bands play in the last 5 or 6 years (admittedly some of them were crap - I'm not being racist, I just don't like hip hop, or crap) and have made the decision to stay away from gig going for a while. It's not something I don't enjoy but for those who have been reading my blog the past few weeks will understand my participation as part of the Mando Diao street team - I am actually president for the newly established Newcastle Unit. Well, everyone is invited! While you're at it, check out Polarsets. They opened the stage at Spiller's Wharf today. Fantastic.

No comments: