Monday 26 October 2009

Back to business

For those who know me, since I was 15 I wanted to be a Radio presenter and whilst at college I got involved with the student radio there. Since coming to uni I have applied for hospital and uni radio and had responses from both. So I guess you could say I've got a step up to the career I want. Both are just voluntary but it'll look great on my CV when I go to do local or national radio. Today I have radio voice training for a news bulletin (which is basically practise for the assessment for which a two minute radio bulletin of six stories is required). So I'm pretty darn excited! At the end of the year we get to watch The Boat That Rocked which is probably the best film ever. I even went to see it twice whilst it was at the cinema! The US are getting a cinema release of it next month (November 13th) but for some reason they are calling it Pirate Radio. There is nothing, of course, wrong with that (seeing as I'm used to the Americans changing all our film titles anyway), but what was wrong with the original title?

LOST: Season 5 came out in shops today and HMV have a special bonus disc. I think the full thing was about £34.99. Yet again, a new boxset has been released with all the seasons in so far. That's about £80.

I've decided Noel Fielding is a perfect replacement for Bill Bailey on Nevermind The Buzzcocks. He's strange, and humourous.

Heroes.... I appear to be catching up. I'm almost half way through series 3 and it's fantastic. I can't decide whether I like this or LOST most. It's a very close call.

Right, I had better set off for that voice training!
Adieu.

No comments: