Saturday 3 October 2009

Evening homies

Hey all. I'm sat in the uni library because my modem at home has managed to break itself, somethign I can't understand. But anyway, it doesn't seem to be send a signal to any of the computers in my house so therefore no internet at home. Apparently we're getting a new modem sent out in a couple of days.
So, yeah, I'm sat in the library.
I went to two shows this week, one of which was my third Cribs show. That was fun. I'm actually using that event for my review project so I'll have that up here at some point.
Saturday I went back home and we went to see the new Bruce Willis film, Surrogates which was set in a parallel timelime in which people have robots that respond to their thoughts and send them out. The way it's looked at is that disabled people can have a life and others can be protected because they can stay in their homes all day. Before seeing the film I had heard nothing at all about it so I had nothing to think on before hand. It actually turned out to be quite good.
The Stepford Wives was a film in which everything in a village seemed too perfect to be true as everyone seemed to be a robot. In Surrogates it seemed this way to start off with but soon changed to become more action packed as there was the small minority of people who were against the surrogates and were doing all they could to defeat them.
If you get the chance to see this then go, it's excellent.
Top 5 films of the year (so far):
5. Bruno
4. Inglourious Basterds
3. Surrogates
2. Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince
1. The Boat That Rocked
A lot of the films I went to see were those cheesy American rom-com thingies which I'm not really a big fan of, I like comedy but not like that.
Anyways, I'll be back...

No comments: