Friday 18 December 2009

Of all the songs that could have been picked

Once again we have reached the race for Christmas number one and once again (like last year), people have decided to hi-jack the charts and buy something other than the X Factor single. Last year it failed but this year's attempt seems much more successful. However, I'm not too sure about the song and the idiot who picked it should be shot. The song is Killing In The Name Of by Rage Against The Machine. To be fair, I've not heard any of their stuff but I've just read an article where they have been described as being 'rap-metal'. I hate rap and I hate metal and the two together just sounds like hell. Nuff said, look at Linkin Park, they are a pile of crap. That's what I now imagine RATM as sounding like.
Another point, isn't the whole point of having a Christmas number for it being a Christmas song? The UK has gone mental.

RATM played Leeds Festival in 2008 and apparently the entire festival-goers attended the show. I would have gone to see Babyshambles instead, they were on at the same time and I have actually heard them.

Get Cliff Richard his Number 1 of the decade.

No comments: