Friday 13 February 2009

A few words to end the week / Friday the 13th

Today is Friday the 13th. Now, I'm not a very superstitous person, I just find it funny when people panic because of it being so. I think our Bradford & Bingley computer system is purposely cursed on this day though for it has been running slow and transactions haven't been completing but it's not just our lot that are experiencing technical difficulties but what seems like the entire area. Apart from that that day has been fairly uneventful and the weather has been great! Except for the rain but it's not heavy and the skies are blue where I can see it between the cloud. The sun will be shining tomorrow I imagine! Well, it would make a lovely change...
This week has been manic, to say the least, in particular Wednesday in which was a big day for account maturities so we had loads of people in transfering into new accounts and I missed my bus home due to a couple that came in just before I usually leave and we're arguing over what to do with their money. The phones were also ringing all day and on top of that I was being given a tutorial for a new website which aims to find a direct match for two property vendors which is quite a good idea. Thing is, I needed to print out a list of everyone's phone numbers for the woman running the site, with everything else I needed to do I felt about to explode with overload.
This week I've also been looking forward to Valentine's Day tomorrow as this year will be the first time I celebrate it and that's thanks to a certain Adam Flannigan who is a really special guy. I blogged about him a while back, and he in return blogged about myself, but it just doesn't really show how much he means to me and that's just something unique we have between ourselves. Anyway, before I go floating off into a dreamworld...
I created a single cover for The Hives back in January last year for a competition. I didn't win it but it gained a positive response from Hives forum members and I also found it in somebody's Photobucket which just makes me think "Hang on, it's that good right... I didn't win but it's getting good from it." Most of the world has probably seen it now, but my old Graphics tutor probably still hates me. Well, perhaps hate is a bit strong...

I also produced artwork for The Departure's unreleased second album Inventions of which I received a copy through the band themselves.

I remember one afternoon in November a couple of years ago in which I was waiting outside for We Are Scientists. After a few hours, The Departure's singer, David Jones, came out of the venue and I ended up singing one of his songs to him, my first 'public' perfomance since singing Sk8er Boi to my old school.
It's been a good week, I guess! And I'm hoping the weekend will be a perfect end to it as my life turns up to higher expectations. I don't have many things I want more than a happy life, one of good times, of great success and to that I take a bow and wish you Good Day.
Auf wiedersehen.

No comments: