Thursday 18 June 2009

I thought I'd try buying some new jeans

They never make jeans the same as they used to, the ones I tried all ran along the floor, they were far too long but it seems that's 'fashion'. At least I will be the one laughing when someone trips up because their jeans are too long. I think I'll stick with my drainpipes if I'm honest.
Back in school, girls used to complain their feet were getting wet and it's only cos they chose to wear silly shoes during wet weather, nothing much I can do about that as it's their fault. It was freezing one day and I was wearing a massive winter jacket, this girl wearing just her school jumper asked if I was warm enough. No, I was freezing. Why else would I be dressed up warm?
I was about 14 at the time, clearly not a slut like most of the other girls in my year, the sort of kid who was laughed at for being sensible. If being 'cool' meant I'd end up with pneumonia or whatever then it clearly wasn't worth the hassle.
Most of the girls now have kids of their own. I just hope the kids have some sense not to be like their mums.

No comments: