Wednesday 17 June 2009

Masi Oka / Hiro Nakamura / YATTA!

This is Hiro Nakamuro who is one of my favourite charaters off Heroes. He is from Japan and his special ability is to 'bend time and space' which means he can stop time. He can also teleport. He uses this ability by screwing up his face. His most common known phrase is 'YATTA!'.
I came across Masi Oka's wikipedia page and found that we share the same birthday, he was one of the Japanese guys in Austin Powers In Goldmember that were running away from Godzilla and he was also in Get Smart.
I like shouting 'Yatta!', it is a triumphant phrase, meaning 'I did it!' but it can also mean 'okay!', 'it's done!', 'ready!' or 'all right!'. But in my case it's usually just a random thing, although I did think it this afternoon as my NVQ work has finally been marked off! It hasn't properly sunk in yet, I was just worried stuff would get sent back so the feeling I have right now is more one of relief than anything else.

No comments: