Thursday 23 July 2009

'Blue lining, blue lining, blue lining, white trench coat!'


So the new Mando Diao EP Mean Street was released in the UK on Monday, as a preview to new album Give Me Fire.
The EP features 3 songs from the album, as well as a b-side for current European single Gloria, which can all be listened to on the website but I'm sure you'll find the full tracks on youtube if you want to listen there. My copy of the EP hasn't yet reached my hands so I spent the evening looking at press clippings of reviews and came across a stripped down piano version of Give Me Fire's lead single, Dance With Somebody. The original song is a dance floor filler with a pounding bassline so at first I imagined this new version as not sounding quite right. Then I listened to it and it is a beautiful piece of music. So I thought I would post it up here. Enjoy.


The full album should be due for release here soon, possibly September when the band will be visiting the isle for a jaunt of early autumn shows. The dates for those shows are as below:
Sunday, Sep 13 - Oran Mor, Glasgow
Tuesday, Sep 15 - Islington Academy, London
Wednesday, Sep 16- Academy 2, Birmingham
Thursday, Sep 17 - Club Academy, Manchester
Friday, Sep 18 - Digital, Brighton
Saturday, Sep 19- Thekla, Bristol

No comments: