Friday 9 January 2009

And again...

It's awards time!! Nominations can now be received for the NME awards, prior to the announcement of the shortlists for the awards ceremony. There shortlists are made up of the top 5 selected in each category. Could I please ask you to vote for The Futureheads?! If any band deserve an award then it's them. They aren't even signed and look how far they've come! They convinced a lot of people that they aren't just an average indie band. These guys have made something special. Please click here to vote.
I'm sure they will thank you for it and make you feel proud for making history.

I'd just like to make one comment about bands leaving record labels and then releasing music on their own. The Futureheads did it and managed to get far with no publicity at all. And then, a few months later, McFly - don't get me wrong, I love this band - did it and everyone was fussing over how they were doing it all on their own as if they were the first band to ever do that! And that kind of annoyed me.
Anyway, vote Futureheads! It's a vote you'll never regret!

No comments: