Thursday 29 January 2009

COOOOKIESSSSSSS!!!

Turning into the Cookie Monster a bit here, shoving the things into my mouth, running around screaming, not knowing what the hell I'm doing...
I had another 'hyper' moment last night and ended up with another silent disco, looking for remixes while on the go. I found a club mix of Somebody Told Me by The Killers which had loads of bass but apart from that it was really flat. I did find another mix which was a bit more synthy, this which I preferred. Viva City were played again, their next show is at The Other Rooms near the Life centre in Newcastle on Friday 27th February. I am really looking forward to their album. All I have to listen to at the moment is what's on their myspace and a mix they did with Don Diablo called Audio Endlessly.
I heard the new Franz Ferdinand single last night and was suprised at how they've just lost it. The first album was brilliant, the second was also really good but this is just really bland and, dare I say it, what I'd expect from an average band of today such as The Ting Tings. Having said that, I've listened to it just once and probably won't bother giving it a second listen. I've just experienced too much bad music to really care.
I shall leave you with this, labeled as the future rave-rock anthem and is due out soon.

No comments: